I have two previous posts on Excel 2007 conditional formatting: One based on cell’s own value and the second based on value of another cell. This post will cover conditional formatting with multiple rules or conditions.
Suppose you have a cell formatted with this rule:
If cell value is less than zero format with Light Red Fill …. Etc.
Now you want to add another rule:
If cell value is greater than 100 format with green Fill.
Follow these steps:
1. In the Home Tab, Styles group click Conditional Formatting, then Manage Rules.
2. The window Conditional Formatting Rules Manager will open, and it will show the current rule.
3. Click the New Rule button. The New Formatting Rule window will open (not shown here).
4. Add the new rule. If you need help refer to the other two posts I mentioned earlier.
5. After finishing, your list of rules will look like this:
You can apply the same steps if you have conditional formatting based on the value of another cell.