To insert page number in worksheet footer, follow these steps:
1. In the File menu click Page Setup. The Page Setup window will open.
2. Select the Header/Footer tab.
3. Click the Custom Footer button. The Footer window will open.
As you can notice the footer is divided into three sections; left, center and right. Above those sections there is a number of icons for page number, pages, date, time and more other icons.
To insert a page number:
1. Click on the section where you want the page number to be inserted.
2. Click the Page Number icon .
3. The following code will be inserted in the selected footer section: “&[Page]“.
4. Click OK and you will see the page number in the preview window.
If you want to add the number of pages so that your footer looks like this: “Page 1 of 5″ then:
1. In the selected section type “Page “.
2. Click the Page Number icon to get the code “&[Page]” inserted.
3. Immediately after this code type ” of “.
4. Click the Number of Pages icon.
5. Your final code will look like this: “Page &[Page] of &[Pages]”
6. Click OK.
1. You can also go to Header/Footer by clicking Header and Footer in the View menu.
2. Use File –> Print Preview to see how your footer will look like in the printer.
Applies to: Excel 2003