If you want data from one worksheet to be linked to, or shown in another worksheet then follow these steps:
- In the sheet you want to link to (source) select the cell where the value is.
- Right click and select Copy.
- In your main sheet (target), select the cell where the value is to be displayed.
- Right click and select Paste Special.
- When the dialog box appear click on the Paste Link button.
- The value in the source sheet will now be reflected in the target sheet.
- Every time the source sheet is updated, the target sheet will also be updated with the new values.
- The same procedure can be applied to link to data in another workbook.
Applies to : Excel 2003